Built in 1915, the mercantile building sits in the heart of Main Street LaCrosse. Designed by William Swain, a Pullman architect who designed buildings in Pullman and Hooper, this building has spent it's entire life as a store.
In 2009, the only remaining grocery store in town, which was housed in the building, closed. LCP purchased the building in 2010 and immediately went to work on completely remodeling the space to house an updated grocery store, library, two offices, and a space for the community to gather for social events.
The group with support from donations, grants, and volunteers replaced the plumbing, electrical, insulation, H-Vac, and windows, including the stained glass windows that adorn the face of the building.